To download any document on thispage, right click and select “Save Target As” or “Download LinkedFile As” to save to your computer.
Goals for the Workshop
- Promote understanding and discussion regarding StrategicHabitat Conservation, Landscape Conservation Cooperatives and theirimplications to individuals, programs, organizations, andpartnerships in the South Atlantic geographic area.
- Foster an exchange of ideas, perspectives, and considerationsamong staff, programs, and leadership within the Service and withthe leadership of our conservation partners to assist inunderstanding and responding to each others’ expectations andconcerns regarding the South Atlantic Landscape ConservationCooperatives (SALCC).
- Engage in a discussion of the challenges associated withimplementing a collaborative approach to landscape conservation atmultiple scales and to establishing a sustainable SALCC, anddetermine immediate or longer term needs or actions in response tothese challenges.
- Discuss and refine the Interagency Scoping Team (IST)recommendations for advancing the development and operations of theSALCC.
- Download the original workshop agenda.
Workshop Presentations in PDF format
- The Importance ofClimate Change as a Driver in Conservation Planning and Design forthe SALCC and the Relationship of the USGS Climate Centers to theSALCC – Sonya Jones, Regional Program Officer,USGS SE Region
- Strategic Habitat Conservation: Introduction to the Service’sConservation Business Model –
Mike Millard, Complex Manager for theNortheast Fishery Center Complex, USFWS NERegion
The Practical Application of the SHC Framework –Barry Grand, USGS, AuburnCooperative Research Unit; Jaime Collazo, USGS, NCSU CooperativeResearch Unit
- State Partner Perspective – Breck Carmichael, South CarolinaDepartment of NaturalResources
- South Atlantic LCC: A Federal Partner Perspective –RogerGriffis, NOAA–National OceanicService
- The Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation –Nick Salafsky, Foundations forSuccess
Introduction to the Interagency Scoping Team and Proposed SALCCStructure – Tim Breault, Director, Division ofHabitat and Species Conservation, Florida Fish and WildlifeConservationCommission
Putting It All Together – Laurel Barnhill, Interim SALCCCoordinator
Department of Interior/U.S. Fish and Wildlife ServiceDocuments