Your SALCC staff is losing a great asset in Ginger Deason. As Forest Service Liaison and Information Transfer Specialist, Ginger has helped put a face on the Cooperative by managing our web presence, publishing our newsletter and Newsday Tuesday. She has also coordinated and hosted the Third Thursday Web Forums and the monthly Triangle Climate and Landscape Researchers’ Brown Bag. In addition she has been working to support the Francis Marion National Forest with future looking information from the Cooperative and Forest Service. These are only a few of the efforts that Ginger has worked on during her eleven months with the SALCC. As important as all of these contributions have been, what I appreciate most about Ginger is her positive attitude, her great sense of humor and her way of putting you at ease. I will miss Ginger’s good morning hello from across the cubicle wall. Please join me in thanking Ginger for her contribution to your Cooperative and wishing her well as she moves on to pursue a doctorate in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management at North Carolina State University. Her focus will be on climate change and sustainable tourism so we hope to work with Ginger throughout her studies and beyond.
- Three organizations in SC use the Blueprint to support successful grants!
- Piedmont prairie survey going out to sample of the general public
- Piedmont prairie video now official selection of the 2020 Longleaf Film Festival
- The Southeast CASC & South Atlantic Spring/Summer Science Series
- Landowner compliance with management incentives