Blueprint 2.0 workshops (2015)
There’s still room available in all workshops
When are the workshops?
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millennium Center
2301 Sullivan Road, College Park, GA 30337
- Workshop #1: March 9, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
- Workshop #2: March 10, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
Sheriff’s Association Building
2617 Mahan Dr. Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Workshop #3: March 11, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
- Workshop #4: March 12, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
NOAA Office for Coastal Management – NOAA Coastal Services Center
2234 South Hobson Ave. North Charleston, SC 29405
- Workshop #5: March 17, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
- Workshop #6: March 18, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
Raleigh, NC (rescheduled due to inclement weather)
NCSU Hunt Library, Centennial Campus
Teaching and Visualization Lab, Room # 4505
1070 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Workshop #7: Apr 1, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
- Workshop #8: Apr 2, 2015 (9am – 3:30pm)
What will happen?
You can check out a draft agenda here. You will be working with a diverse group of natural and cultural resource professionals to create version 2.0 of the South Atlantic Conservation Blueprint. The Blueprint is a consistent cross-boundary, cross-organization plan for how to respond to future changes in the South Atlantic region (Urban growth, Climate change, Sea-level rise, etc). You will be looking at potential strategies for responding to these changes and the trade-offs across each using the South Atlantic Ecosystem Indicators. The same activities will occur at each workshop so there is no need to go to more than one. More information about workshop activities and locations coming soon.
Who has registered so far?
Last updated 3/5/2015
Blueprint 1.0 workshops (2013)
What happened at the workshops?
Around 200 people throughout the region worked in small groups to select subwatersheds (HUC12) to focus conservation efforts in South Atlantic area. Participants also selected specific types of conservation actions for each subwatershed and did a simple prioritization across all selected subwatersheds. Each group had a set of supporting GIS layers (e.g., South Atlantic LCC indicator models, threat layers, etc) to support the group’s discussions.
Where can I see the results?
Around 200 people from 58 different organizations attended one of the four Blueprint workshops (plus a virtual workshop focused on the marine environment). Participants included:
- A wide variety of natural and cultural resource conservation practitioners from across the South Atlantic region
- Staff from 3 adjacent Landscape Conservation Cooperatives
- 8 Steering committee members
When were the workshops?
131 Columbus Avenue, Cary, NC
- Workshop #1: Oct 22, 2013 (10am – 3pm)
- Workshop #2: Oct 23, 2013 (10am – 3pm)
- Workshop #3: Nov 19, 2013 (10am – 3pm)
- Workshop #4: Nov 20, 2013 (10am – 3pm)
What are the next steps?
Conservation design team
Beth Stys FL FWC
Billy Dukes SC DNR
Breck Carmichael SC DNR
Brian Watson VA DGIF
Brian Yanchik DOT
Cherry Green NPS
Charlotte Gillis NPS
David Whitaker SC DNR
Don Imm FWS
Emrys Treasure USFS
George Willson TCF
Hervey McIver TNC
Jan MacKinnon GA DNR
Jason Bulluck VA DCR
John Ann Shearer FWS
John Stanton FWS
Jon Ambrose GA DNR
Julie Elmore NRCS
Kacy Cook NC WRC
Lisa Perras-Gordon EPA
Marella Buncick FWS
Maria Whitehead TNC
Mark Cantrell FWS
Mark Scott SC DNR
Pace Wilber NOAA
Pam Wingrove FWS
Reggie Thackston GA DNR
Rick Durbrow EPA
Roger Pugliese SAFMC
Ryan Heise NC WRC
Ryan Orndorff Marines
Wilson Laney FWS